I like food. Sometimes I like food too much, hence the relationship in my life with Weight Watchers. I've never really shown any interest in cooking, and the ongoing joke with my family before I got married was my ability of cooking for Jim and I after getting married would be bowls of cereal and Lean Cuisine frozen meals...but I know I can proudly say I'm really making some strides in the kitchen. Knowing that I'm working Weight Watchers and losing some, Jim has encouraged me every 2 weeks when we go grocery shopping to try at least 3 new recipes to make for dinner. I have to say it is really helping me take a greater interest in cooking.
So last night, we tried out this new Weight Watcher recipe (only 8 points per serving, which is pretty good!), Skinny Deep Dish Taco Pizza. We have been on a Mexican food kick for a few weeks now in terms of dinner, and this sounded relatively easy, but also looked freaking. dee-lic. (which yes it was:).
1. Brown meat and onions together in a pan, and drain grease/water (forgot to take a picture! ggrr)
2. Add water, seasoning, and tomatoes to the meat/onion mixture
3. In a 9 x 13 baking pan, spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. Then roll out the crescent rolls onto the bottom of the pan and up the sides of the pan (this is a little trickier than it looks, just remember patience is a virtue!)
4. Using a spatula, spread out the can of re-fried beans onto the pressed down crescent rolls. Using a spatula made this a whole lot easier than using a spoon....and, of course I forgot to take another picture, whoops on me!
5. Then spoon the meat mixture of yumminess onto the re-fried bean thingy.
6. Bake at 425 for 12 minutes, and then remove and sprinkle on the cheese. The, pop that bad boy back into the oven for another 5 minutes so the cheese is all melted:)
7. Let it cool off for about 5 minutes, and then garnish (don't ya just love that word, makes me feel fine n' fancy :) with sour cream and salsa.
8. And then feast on this Mexican yumminess! :)
Let me know if ya get a chance try it and what you think of it!! :)