26 September 2016
Labels: Intentional Living
24 September 2016
19 September 2016
15 September 2016
14 September 2016
Shop Thrift Stores & Garage Sales
So this one takes more focus and energy, but scouring local re-sale shops or garage sales you might be surprised what literary treasures you can find. That is basically how I supplied my love of Nancy Drew mystery books in junior high.
Make friends with the Library
Okay.for.real. I loved going to the library something fierce as a little girl, but now I love it even more as an adult. I easily make at least 1-2 trips a week to return titles and pick up new ones. Some of the librarians even know me on a first-name basis.
Oh and thank the good Lord for the renewal system in public libraries!
Before I ever buy a book now, I tend to try and read it the first time through the library.
I like this website because it is based on your personal interests and taste. Sign up for an account and then set what interests you, which tells Bookbub what you like to read. The site then alerts you to big discounts on e-books (and free too!) and you are able to read them on any device.
Book Swap with Friends
I have been to purse and clothing swap parties...who's to say ya can't do it with books?! Clear your bookshelf of titles you already devoured and score some new finds from your friends. Throw in a bottle of wine, some appetizers, and you've got yourself a party!
12 September 2016
05 September 2016
03 September 2016
- A dress you love.
- A beautiful mug that just makes your morning coffee or tea more enjoyable.
- A signature perfume.
- A few minutes each day of silence
- A gratitude journal.
- A relaxing scent in your home--essential oils, WoodWick candles, fresh flowers
- A comfy, cute pair of slippers.
- A bra that fits. Who knew this could be hard at times to find?
- A red lipstick.
- A good planner.
- A trust worthy mechanic.
- A monthly subscription service-clothes, magazine, makeup, essential oils, meal prep guide, etc.
- A podcast you love. (Too many here to list them all!)
- A beautiful piece of art in your home.
- A real set of pearls.
- A great pair of sunglasses.
- A coloring book with markers.
- A cute pair of lounge pants for home.
- A set of Mason jar glasses.
- A bold patterned shower curtain.
What would you add to sweeten up your life?