Image HTML map generator

24 February 2014

Fruit+Dessert = Frui-ssert

...or also know as Blueberry-Strawberry Crumble Crisp
I may be biting off more than I can chew, but I'm deciding to take Jen up on her challenge of 7 posts in 7 days.  It's highly likely by Wednesday I'll be starring at the computer with zip to say.  But hey, if I go down, I'm gonna go down with a fight ;)

In my head, I NEVER considered any dessert with fruit worthy of my taste or time...I'm kinda a dessert snob.  Fruit in dessert just seemed so...off?  BUT I have always been a fan of warm, hot pie...so today I decided to share this tasty frui-ssert I whipped up this afternoon.



Ingredients
 2 spray(s) cooking spray
1 carton of strawberries, sliced
1 cup of blueberries
3 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
6 Tbsp whole wheat flour
6 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp table salt
1 large egg white
 4 Tbsp butter, melted




 1// Preheat oven to 375.  Spray a 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray

2// In a small bowl, gently toss strawberries with brown sugar until the sugar starts to dissolve; spoon the fruit into baking pan

3// In another small bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt; add egg white and mix it all together with your fingers

4// Drop clumps of the mixture over fruit; drizzle melted butter over the mixture

5// Bake until fruit starts to bubble, about 20-25 minutes

6// Serve warm with a cold glass of milk




















1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that looks so good!! I'm actually not much of a dessert fan in general, but I love basically any version of a fruit crisp that's out there! This is a little bit of a different recipe and a different crust than I usually would use, but it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

09 10