Do you ever come up with blog ideas while you're rolling around trying to fall asleep?? That was me
...Or perhaps it should be titled "the quirky things that set aside my office from other youth minister's"...
1. Evidence laying around of a minor love affair with caffeine. Come.on. I'll bet even Mother Teresa had her share of days a swig of Diet Coke would have helped with that 4:30am wake up.
2. Totally random things on bookshelves like 5 containers of shaving cream. Have you ever played throw the Cheetos's onto a person's head with shaving cream to make them stick? No, never? Gasp. Well you haven't lived until playing that with teens:)
3. Large posters that serve as good reminders of why I do what I do and why it really is important. Or just remind me of how we used to hand out hugs after church sometimes.
4. A random sampling of some of the fine cuisine I provide and sometimes eat myself. What could be more nutritiously delicious than ring pops, mandarin oranges, and candy?!
5. After your healthy lunch of oranges and mini Snicker's, let your mouth enjoy the crisp, minty freshness of an Jesus mint.
6. In the youth ministry office, there may likely be memento's from special pilgrimages or mission trips. This full length flag of Lebanon I got in Brazil is one such memento for me. I feel all international and fancy shmancy with it hanging up.
7. One thing that defines my wee office is my 'nuns having fun' poster. It is often a conversation starter for folks that stop by my neck o' the woods, and it always brings a smile and a chuckle or two. Nuns can be fun:)