Image HTML map generator

08 January 2022

A New Year. A New Adventure.

Do people even read blogs anymore?

(Patty awkwardly dusts this thing off).


It has been a very long time since I have shown up around these parts other than an occasional post of sharing some writing.

I have missed blogging, more than I thought. Even if a ton of people don't come here, I do really love having a creative space to write. 

A lot has happened in the last year - more on that in an upcoming post.

One of the biggest changes most recently is I have started a new job. Actually, a brand new career in a direction I never imagined for myself.

After working in lay ministry for the Catholic Church for over a decade, I have made a transition into Catholic healthcare.



For the last two or three years, I have been restless in parish ministry and desiring a change. Since March, I have been actively looking, working on my resume, and going through interviews. The week before Thanksgiving I was offered a position at Ascension Health as a Ministry Formation Manager in the Michigan market.

To say I was excited is an understatement. When the woman in HR called to tell me I was chosen, I told her that someone needs to show me how to do a cartwheel - because I was that happy about it!

My role is connected to Mission Integration in growing and strengthening Catholic identity through offering meaningful and relevant spiritual formation to all associates within Ascension. I will also help develop and lead different formational retreats and work with volunteer mission teams at different hospitals within Ascension.

In more ways than one, this is the career move and job I have been waiting for. Everyone I have met has been so welcoming and I love the team I am on. I started on January 3 and my first week went really well. While it feels like I am drinking from a firehose, I know this is exactly where I supposed to be. It truly feels like God placed me in this new career, and I am so grateful for it.

Due to the pandemic, I am working remotely from home which is a transition but I know I will get my extrovert needs met in other ways. I have a cozy little work space set up in my bedroom.

I am looking forward to being "here" more this year. I am planning to finally transition to a permanent domain name and have my sister help me re-work my blog into a professional website.

There are lots of other things I want to share and write about here, but I will leave some of that for later.



What exciting things are starting off your new year so far?




I hope your 2022 is off to a bright and beautiful beginning!



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job! That sounds like a wonderful opportunity. It's so nice to see you writing here again; I've always enjoyed your writing and perspective :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE ONLY GENUINE AND GUARANTEED CRYPTOCURRENCY RECOVER IS RCOVERYMASTERS :

    Hello everyone, I wish to share with you how I was scammed of $585,000.00 after I fell for a romance scam, he practically ruined my life. My relationship with my family was ruined because I fell for this scam.
    I had to go bankrupt after the scammer I met on a dating site conned me of all my life savings pretending to be in distress and I helped him on multiple occasions. I took a loan out to support him and yet I found out he was a scammer. I was able to get through all of this after a friend of mine showed me an article about RecoveryMasters Services and how he can recover your stolen funds from these scammers. I contacted him and to my surprise, I recovered all that I lost in a day. if you are in such a situation you contact him at. EMAIL: (Recoverymasters@email.cz )
    WhatsApp: +15-5120-2-23-35

    ReplyDelete

09 10