Image HTML map generator

14 June 2019

You Can Always Go Deeper in Forgiveness

God has a very funny, interesting sense of humor sometimes.

Over the last three years since my divorce, I have grown a lot in my understanding of forgiveness and living that out by forgiving my former husband over time. Honestly, I truly thought I had "worked through" all of that stuff with God.

Well apparently, this past Lent, Jesus saw fit that I needed more practice; that I could grow deeper in the grace of forgiveness.



Early in Lent, my Mom and I went to a nearby Catholic parish for a night of prayer ministry. While getting situated, I realized my former husband was also present. The last time I saw him was the day our divorce was finalized, almost three years to the date.

I was shocked and a little overwhelmed to see him. I was also nervous, thinking he would approach me and I did not really want to speak with him. At first, I was not sure if I wanted to flee the scene or stay for the time of prayer.

There was a time of praise and worship before ministry began, and the worship team was leading the people in one of my favorite songs "Reckless Love."

As they sang, hot tears ran down my face.

Inside, my little heart was hard and sad: "Why does HE have to be here, Jesus? He does not deserve to be here, he should not be here. Why do I have to run into him here, now during Lent, and recently after a break-up?"

Almost instantly, I sensed the bitterness and resentment rearing their ugliness in my heart.


READ THE REST OVER AT CATHOLIC MATCH INSTITUTE . . .




post signature

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

09 10