06 July 2016

4 Ingredient Natural Teeth Whitener

Since winter, I have made a discovery about myself. I like coffee, more specifically lattes. 



Before then I NEVER was a coffee drinker, and while I am a ways before taking it straight black, I am quickly enjoying new ways of drinking hot java.

With that being said, I have noticed my teeth getting a little more yellow. This doesn't look so good with a bright pink summertime lip.

My Mom recently told me how she has started making homemade teeth whitener. So the other night I decided to take a crack at it. 

Ingredients
1/2 cup baking soda
2 tsp. coconut oil
several drops of peppermint essential oil
hydrogen peroxide


1// Mix up baking soda and coconut oil with a fork. 

2// Add several drops of peppermint oil.

3// When ready to use, add a bit of peroxide to make a paste. Apply mixture directly to toothbrush. Brush for at least two minutes.

4// Do not use though more than 3 times per week.


What I like about this is its a cheaper option than going to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. And after a couple uses, I did less of that nasty yellow on my pearly whites.


Easy peasy way to polish your smile while not breaking the bank!
Happy smiles:)



post signature

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have not yet tried the baking soda treatment, you are going to be in for a huge surprise. I was forced to go this route because our insurance stopped covering teeth whitening procedures. The baking soda formula actually works great, and it cost pennies per treatment. If you are on the fence, maybe you should try professional whitening first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like an amazing idea to try. The baking soda is ideal for getting the teeth white, but I didn't know that coconut oil could be used as well. The peppermint seems as though it will take away from the taste of the soda and the peroxide that are used. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As an avid coffee drinker myself, I am always looking for a cheaper, easier alternative to spending hundreds at the dentist to whiten my teeth! I've been doing this one or two times a week for about three weeks now and it works so well! I am so happy I tried it on a whim and I no longer have to spend my paychecks at the dentist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments would look grand here! Please make sure you aren't a no-reply blogger so I can respond to your comment :)
Thanks for stopping by!!

09 10