Image HTML map generator

04 March 2015

Skinny Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

If I could only eat one food category till the day I die, it would be Mexican food. Hands down.

One thing I have never been a fan of are the heavy sauces sometimes put on enchildadas which for me leave a funky salty aftertaste. So when I found this recipe, and saw it was a lighter sauce (and healthier!) I decided to take a crack at it. Good thing I did because we've already made this two more times at home.

 
 
  {Ingredients}
Boneless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (about 3 cups)
8 oz reduced-fat sour cream
1/4 cup skim milk
1 can Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
10 oz can diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup reduced-fat Mexican shredded cheese
 
 
1//  Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9" X 13" baking dish with nonstick spray

2// Mix together sour cream, soup, milk, and cilantro in a saucepan. Set aside. (Be really careful to not over boil or you'll have a hot mess on your hands.)


3// Saute chicken, onions, and tomatoes (I forgot to add the tomatoes, so they went in when we stuffed the enchiladas.)
 
 
 4// Fill each tortilla with 2 tbsp of chicken mixture  

 5// Roll tortillas up and face seam down so they don't unroll in the dish

6// Pour sour cream sauce over enchiladas and top off with cheese



7// Bake for 25 minutes...and enjoy!!

 


Tasty and easy...hopefully you don't fight about who gets the leftovers like we did!

Happy eats!




post signature

3 comments:

  1. Man, and just as I finished making dinner... Looks delish!

    The Starving Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would live happily forever after on a combined diet of Mexican and Indian food. :) These look quite yummy! While we were in Malaysia and had greater access to exotic things like tortillas and cheese, we ate lots of homemade Mexican!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we just say YUM!? I think it would be a tough decision whether Cajun food (my heritage) would win out over Mexican. We eat tortillas and cheese at my house like it's going out of style! This will be a nice edition to our repertoire, and something different than our traditional enchilada recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

09 10