Still getting used to it, but it definitely helps I can still put my hair up and curl it.
Oh don't mind Pope John Paul II photo bombing in the back ground...
2. Speaking of curling my hair, I was thrilled beyond belief to get this fancy pants curling machine. Yes you heard me, machine.
Basically this machine sucks in your hair and spits it all nice and perfectly curled. It works REALLY good, and for a gal who loves to curl her hair it was worth the $99 (thanks Ma and Pa for the birthday money! :) You can choose different heat settings to get looser or tighter curls and they hold well throughout the day.
However, the only down side is you have to be VERY careful when sectioning your hair up. It can easily get stuck in the heated curling chamber. How do I know this? Well there have been several times where I have broken out in a sweat screaming for Jim to help me untangle my horse's main from the heated chamber of horror. Thankfully I have gotten the hang of it and am now able to curl my hair without adult supervision.
3. Today I was a local Catholic school giving chastity talks to 6-8th grade girls all morning. Two things about tween girls: First, if you come with candy to encourage participation they will love you for it. Second, it never ceases to amaze me how open and honest young people get when I say they can ask me anything, because usually that is exactly what happens.
That being said, please pray for young people today.
4. Over the summer, Jim and I went over to my sis and bro-in-law's place to watch the Hunger Games. I loved the books and loved the movie even more...everybody was telling me throughout the movie to stop crying and asking questions. Have I mentioned I am a little in touch with my feelings??
I rented from the library Catching Fire and we're all set to hunker down and watch it this weekend. That way when the Mockingjay comes out in November we can go see it with the thousands of other fans.
5. Guess what we're doing on Sunday afternoon?!?
We're going to go play on the freeway. No for realz.
Since March, one of the main freeways in the Detroit area has been closed for a total and complete over haul. Its been over 40 years since the freeway first opened and on Sunday from 2-4pm the city officials are opening it up for families to walk, bicycle, and play on the freeway to celebrate the re-opening in a few weeks.
Jim and I are thinking of bringing a Frisbee to toss around...why not?
6. I am so excited for our kick-off youth group meeting this Sunday. The teens made an awesome video introducing the adult and youth leadership team which features the Harlem Shake in church. Not gonna lie, kinda stoked.
7. Paying off debt and budgeting is going pretty well. We just paid off our first debt this paycheck!!! 1 down and 3 more to go!!! Next one the list is paying off Jim's credit card, then my car, and my student loans. Who knew saving money and being responsible could be so fun?!