Once Jim got home from work, we headed over to my parents where enjoyed a yummy 26 pound ham. We like meat, yes we do. Loud noises and laughter pretty sums up holidays at my parents house, which is always the best.
2. Jim got a new job! He'll have benefits and double the pay before, and it comes at such a good time for us financially as we begin to look at realistically what we have to do to kick out our debt.
3. Speaking of debt, I've started to become friends with Dave Ramsey. My friend Mary has talked a lot on her blog about her story of becoming debt free. After furiously reading "The Total Money Makeover" in a week and sharing what I'm learning with Jim, we are both realizing something has gotta change. Tonight we're going to get some budgeting tools/resources to help us start to create monthly budgets and adding up our total debt to see what we have to work with.
Honestly I'm scared.to.death. to embark on this. Especially to cut up my credit card...goodbye random trips to Target & Ann Taylor LOFT. Deep down though, I KNOW its time. We got to grow up financially...and realize its time to start living like no one else now, so later we can live like no one else.
4. Right before Easter, I did a spring-time purging of my side of the closet. I have heard a lot of people talking about thredUP, an online consignment store for women and children. I sent in a bag of some of my goodies to be sold and earn credit for the store for future purchases. I'm still waiting to hear back if all my items will be accepted, but I have been pleasantly surprised at the high standards and quality at the pieces they sell.
5. Okay question for you all. I'm thinking about putting a gallery wall in our living room. There's just this huge white blank spot by the door that I feel just stares and laughs at me in the face. I've started reading some tips/tricks on Pinterest, but I still feel clueless.
Soooo. For those of you who are ooberly creative how/where do I start? If you made a gallery wall in your home, how did you begin and go about it? thank you ahead of time.
6. I just registered for my first 5K "Unleash the She" in Ann Arbor. My Mom, sister, and I all registered for a walk run for ovarian cancer. The three of us are doing this in honor and support of a very special family member who was just diagnosed. I'm looking forward to doing this with my favorite gals and to do this in honor, love, and support of my aunt.
Have a great weekend...hopefully all you need is a light jacket. And be sure to check out other Quick Takers galore