Image HTML map generator

16 March 2014

A Toast to Ireland!

When I went to Ireland back in 2008 after college graduation, I learned a lot of things.
I learned you have to constantly remind yourself to drive on the opposite side of the road.  I learned its not good to spend an evening at the pub the night before you climb Croagh Patrick.  And I learned how to toast, the Irish way.
Here are some memorable, unique toasts I learned while visiting the Emerald Isle...



"Long live the Irish. Long live their cheer. Long live our friendship. Year after year."
  
"As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never face the wrong way!"


I don't think I need anyone to buy anymore drinks for me...
"When you look at the world through the bottom of a glass, may you see someone ready to buy!"


"Like the warmth of the sun and the light of the day, may the luck of the Irish shine bright on your way!"


.... or if all else fails, a lively "Slainte!" (pronounced slan-chuh, is a common toast) will do just fine!



All this talk is making me thirsty...hmmm what goes better with warm Irish soda bread- pint of Guinness or a shot of Jameson? ;)

Be safe. Be merry.  Pray for peace/healing in Ireland.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, we actually had to make up a song we sang constantly while we were driving around to help us remember..."Drivin' on the left--drivin' on the left--drivin' on the LEFT! (repeat) Drivin' on the left in Ireland, drivin' on the left! Drivin' on the left in Ireland, drivin' on the LEFT!"

    ReplyDelete

09 10