Image HTML map generator

11 February 2021

The Ten Commandments of Catholic Dating

Can I tell you something that may sound a bit weird?

One of my favorite movies as a little girl was The Ten Commandments. You know, the version with Charlton Heston?

As much as I loved that movie (which I absolutely did!), I also had a die hard crush on the man. AKA Moses.

I actually remember telling my mom, "Wow, that is one handsome Moses!" Mom's reaction?
She just looked at me and rolled her eyes.

But I mean seriously, am I right?! I think so.


Okay, I am done raving on my crush with Charlton Heston.



I was reminded of this silly quirk of mine a few months ago when I wrote an article talking about the ten commandments of Catholic dating.

Here me out.
I am not trying to make a case that there are official "rules" for Catholic Dating. As I look back on my dating highs and lows as a woman in her mid-thirties, I do think there are a handful of dating commandments (aka principles) to remember for Catholic singles.

You might have some different thoughts than me in this department. However, for me, these are the ones I keep returning to again and again. 

Things like always saying thank you, NEVER ghosting the other person, and not being too attached to the outcome.


You can read the rest over at CatholicMatch ...


Do you any of these ring true to your own dating experience?

Is there something missing you would add?



post signature

1 comment:

09 10