Image HTML map generator

20 September 2018

God Can Bring a Greater Good out Your Divorce

The other day I was on a radio interview for our local Catholic radio station.

I was sharing about a new divorce recovery group that begins tonight where I work.

Having gone through a divorce and the annulment process myself, I see a real need to better help Catholic men and women who are trying to figure out what to do and where to find help.


When I accepted the current job I have, the pastor asked me what were new, creative ideas that I wanted to try and offer at the parish. 

Almost immediately, I expressed the need to offer this type of group, as they are so needed today.

My own experience led me me to visit a support group once at a nearby, large Catholic church. But it was such a negative experience, I ended up going to a support group at a big non-denominational church in the area.

I was frustrated when I didn't see the Church doing more to help people who have been in this situation. 

If we want to be the Church Jesus desires, we have to be willing to walk with and accompany people through the painful, messy experiences of their lives.


Looking back on those years, one of the concepts that was difficult for me to accept was that (somehow) God could use the experience of a divorce for a greater good in my life. That doesn't mean I advocate for people to walk away from their marriage, though I do believe sometimes that is the best option.

As I talked and prayed through that concept with people in my life I began to see that, yes, God could even use my marriage ending for a greater good in my life and in the wider church community.

I share more about that experience over at the CatholicMatch Institute.

READ THE REST HERE.


PS If you wouldn't mind saying a prayer for our group starting tonight, I would so appreciate it. :) 



post signature

9 comments:

  1. That was a great article! I hope that the group meeting went well. Several months back, I started to see advertisements for a divorce recovery group at one of the really awesome Catholic parishes in our archdiocese, and that made me really happy. This is such a needed ministry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

09 10