Image HTML map generator

28 February 2018

There Are Some Things We Won't Tolerate.

I had a hard time listening and watching all the news coverage that followed the evil of the whole Larry Nassar trial.

It is heartbreakingly sad and infuriates me at the same time. It triggers my own scars and wounds.
And it just shows me how much work we have ahead of us as a society and Church to do better.


I was asked to write a blog post for a well known Catholic Young Adult ministry in our area on the topic.

It is hard to capture all the words and feelings.

This is an attempt, but certainly so much more needs to be said.


---

I am so sick and tired of this.

As a woman and a Christian, it makes me angry that I live in a world where I constantly hear stories of women and young girls taken advantage of and molested.

I have been heartsick watching bits and pieces of the Larry Nassar trial unfold. I have shed many tears witnessing the pain of more than 150 women as they shared their victim statements during the sentencing. I cannot begin to imagine the hurt and pain those women experience.

Recently, there have been times when I've looked at the crucifix hanging by the entrance to my apartment and I just get angry at Jesus. WHY, LORD?

READ THE REST HERE. 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10