Image HTML map generator

21 April 2016

Homemade Blueberry Tarts

While I typically do not consider anything fruit related to be a dessert, I had a recent hankering for something sweet when there wasn't any ice cream in the house.

Blueberries are one of my favorite fruits, so when I realized there was some Phyllo dough in the freezer, I decided to put both to good use together.


I made this up as I went along, but all I know is they tasted pretty good. Not to mention it was fairly easy.


Ingredients
Sheets of Phyllo dough
2 cartons of blueberries
1 stick of melted butter
Honey
Lemon juice

1// Thaw out Phyllo dough to room temperature.

2// Spray mini muffin tins with baking spray. Preheat oven to 350.

3// Carefully cut dough into long triangles. Gently cover muffin tins.



4// Brush on layer of melted butter on Phyllo dough

5// Add another four layers of dough with brushed butter in between each layer. This will help prevent burning and make a mini crust for the filling.




6// Wash blueberries and fill into the muffin tins. Add a squirt of honey and lemon juice.


7// Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until tarts are lightly browned.


Pour yourself a glass of sweet tea or cold milk and enjoy a fresh taste of spring!



Do you have a favorite fruit? What kind of recipes do you like to cook with it?




post signature

2 comments:

  1. I actually prefer desserts that are fruit based--apple, strawberry, peach, raspberry....I'd take any 'fruit' dessert over chocolate or a cake or something. I love fruit! :P These look pretty tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, these are such a good idea! I want to make these next time I get blueberries! I love phyllo dough, and I also love that these have honey and lemon in them-healthy and tasty!

    ReplyDelete

09 10