Image HTML map generator

23 July 2014

An Ode to Philly...

...well to the Philly Cheese Steak sandwich that is.  Honestly I have never been to the city of brotherly love, and until a few years ago had never eaten the sandwich.  Well I missing out.  Cheese, meat, and carbs all together? Get me a bib, fork and knife cause those are some of my faves to eat.

Since I am getting serious about exercise and mindful eating, I figured its probably a good idea to reflect that in meal planning.  So when I recently stumbled across a Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joe recipe from Pinterest, I knew it was a preview of coming dinner attraction. 
If you like the cheesy, messy, sloppiness; no worries!  You don't have to sacrifice the taste of yummy comfort food to enjoy it.


Ingredients
1 lb. ground turkey
1 large white onion, chopped
2 green peppers, chopped
1/4 cup of steak sauce
1 Tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce
1 cup of reduced-sodium beef broth
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
8 grain slim buns
8 slices of reduced-ft provolone cheese


 
1//  Brown the turkey meat in large skillet and drain the grease.  Add the onion and green pepper and cook until the vegetables are tender


2//  Stir in the steak sauce, beef broth, and Worcestershire.  Add salt and pepper.
{I added extra steak sauce (1 cup) because why wouldn't you want too!?}



3//  Cook on high until most of the liquid evaporates


4//  The original recipe called broiling the sandwiches once you assemble them, but I didn't have the self control to endure more waiting for dinner...sometimes patience is not a virtue.


I have already made this a few more times for dinner, and it was quickly added to my list of must-have comfort foods.  Be sure to add a little steak sauce to your sandwich after melting the cheese; you'll thank me later:)
Sloppy Joes meets Philly Cheese Steak=yum overload
Happy eating!



3 comments:

  1. Girrrrl you should come visit! Not only do we live close to the city, but we also live down the road from the place all the locals agree have "the best Philly cheesesteaks outside the city." So good. I think I might try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so yummy... I have never been to Philly, but some how am obsessed with Philly cheesesteaks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contact the Public Visa Data Center to make an arrangement at a Provincial Identification Office, or you can involve the internet based entryway to plan your arrangement too. You can likewise assist your reestablishment via mail in the event that there is definitely not an underlying justification for the hurry. Fast Passport

    ReplyDelete

09 10