I'm glad you asked! Let me tell you...um, freaking.awesome. Fist pump it Dwight style:)
It's been a crazy long time since linking up with Jen and her loyal crew of Friday quick takers, glad to be linking up once again:)
Even though I went shopping on Black Friday with my mom and sister, most of the things I bought were some things to cute to pass up for Jim/our apartment. How can you say no to cute boxers with the Valentines Day candy all over them? That's what I thought too.
Having it done before Thanksgiving has made me realize how much of the month of December is spent trying to figure out what to get for those tough people to shop for and just more focused on getting the perfect gift, instead of really focusing on what this season is really all about. I feel like it is SO easy to get caught up in all the business of getting ready for one day (Christmas) that sometimes I forget to really prepare my heart and mind, so I'm hoping by having some of that jazz taken care of early on, I can better enter into the season of Advent.
One thing I'm excited we are using at our casa during Advent is this awesome book. It is a short, easy book to use every day of Advent, complete with Scripture verse, reflection question, and song. I'm actually really starting to love our off-key version of 'O Come O Come Emmanuel'.
3. Do you ever fight with your husband/significant other? Whew, me too! We've had some interesting ones over the past 18 months of being married. This past Wednesday evening, we decided to hit up a local 7pm Mass, cause who doesn't need an extra dose of grace in life? Well we had a tiff...maybe a big tiff...let's just say I was about as friendly as an ice berg at the sign of peace. I have a ways to go to being a saint...here's to getting better at it.
4. I'm pretty good at planning ahead for things and using my calendar. However, this week I realized from November-March I have 5 lock-ins on our youth ministry calendar. epic.planning.fail. Don't get me wrong I like teens, but the crazy weird things that no sleep at these 10 hour gigs does to your body is not always the fun part. Two of them are combined ones with other churches, 2 are for our women's ministry for the teen ladies, and 1 is for our men's ministry for the guys. Tomorrow night is the kick-off for men's ministry. If you think of it tomorrow night as you head to bed, say a prayer for Jim as he is helping at it...he and no sleep don't work together well.
5. I am really excited my brother-in-law David is going to our pictures for our Christmas card this year. He is great with photography and editing pics, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with. Even better, I have a coupon for them at Walgreen's and they have some great deals going on right now too! If you're looking for photo cards, check out Walgreen's. I was pleasantly surprised!
6. Have you read this book??
7. I'm starting to realize how my love affair with Diet Coke over the years is starting to catch up with me. Any tips/suggestions how on to kick a mean diet pop habit?? I have started drinking a little more tea, specifically caffeinated green tea, but how much caffeine does tea really have though? I'm all ears for any thoughts folks. Hook this lady up.