Going with a double whammy combo today of cleaning tricks (Thank you God for Pinterest!) and fav kitchen gadgets. So without further adieu...
1. As I looked at our sorry excuse of a microwave, I decided it was probably a good time to give that machine a good cleaning; probably not a great statement to my domestic skills if I cannot remember the last time I cleaned it? Don't it was within the last year. I think.
Not knowing where to begin cleaning off the gunked on spaghetti sauce and tomato soup stains, I turned to Pinterest for a quick way to clean the ol' microwave.
I loved what I found and more that was simple: 1 cup of vinegar mixed with 1 cup of hot water in the microwave for 10 minutes. I may as well warn you that your kitchen may smell of burning vinegar, because my husband came out wondering why it smelled like burning salt and vinegar chips...other than a slight temporary smell, no biggie.
After 10 minutes, take a wet cloth and wipe the whole inside out...and voila! A happy microwave is a clean microwave...or something like that:)
2. Was I the only one who apparently registered for crap steak knives at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for our wedding? They have gotten rusty well within the first year of being married, and I'm just bummed we now have to add a good set of knives onto our Christmas wish list. No we are not cereal killers, we just like our beef. chicken. lamb. you get the idea ;)
Who knew lemon juice could get get rust stains off your knives? Not this girl!!
Another little genius find on Pinterest. I soaked the knives for about 10 minutes, and then I scrubbed then another few minutes with the rough side of the sponge...oh happy day!
Nothing is better than cutting into a juicy steak with rust-free steak knives.
Now onto to fun kitchen gadgets...
3. This little wooden contraption I won as a prize at my sister's wedding shower...just looks like a glued together chop stick, right?? WRONG.
4. My DIY soap/sponge holder...
5. This is last one isn't as exciting, but oh so handy lately for me! Muffin pans. I've gotten really into baking mini egg white muffins in the muffin pans. We're talking spinach, feta, tomato, and onion=amazingly delicious experience for you taste buds!
Next muffin pan recipe? Mini pumpkin cheesecakes. be.still.my.autumnal-loving.heart.
Happy Wednesday loves! :)