Image HTML map generator

04 July 2013

7 Quick Takes {vol. 14}




The youth conference Jim and I took teens to last weekend was freaking awesome, we all had a cramazing time!  I think the best part of my job is getting to watch teens personally encounter Jesus...nothing really quite compares to hearing them witness how He ministers to them and speaks to their hearts!  We had really good small group sharing, good talks with individual teens throughout the weekend, and had pretty much the best car ride home EVER from a youth ministry event. Not. kidding.  I have never laughed so hard or for such a long amount of time.  I kept telling the teens as the driver they were killing from all the good fun silliness...if I ever hear a panda joke again I may just loose it.  Great weekend, but exhausting...Jim and I are spending this weekend quiet at home and relaxing:)


Typically shouldn't post pictures of teens...please don't sue me:)




Friday is exactly 14 days until we leave for WYD in Rio!!! I'm so flipping excited, but still have to pack and organize some final things!  I'm hoping to start and mostly finish packing this weekend so I can get that out of the way.  If you could say some prayers for me in the next two weeks in just getting the final preparations done and also for our upcoming trip I would much appreciate it!!! :)



On Thursday, my sister Annie and I had dinner together with a friend.  We went to this tasty place in downtown Dearborn and had the most adorable waiter with the most charming Australian accent ever.  He referred to us all as "madame" and when we left said "you ladies be careful out there tonight!"...we all felt like silly school girl's giggling every time he said something to us with his accent...what is it about an accent that women just love??  After a quick stop for some frozen yogurt, we parted ways and headed home.  Yay girl time!



Earlier this week, I wrote a post on learning to listen in marriage.  This is an area where we (probably more so me) have much to learn still.  Two days ago, we got into another fight regarding the lack of listening.  Jim felt like I was putting greater priority on getting chores done, instead of being there for him emotionally when he needed me.  Looking back I know I was wrong and handled the situation pretty poorly.  I out doing chores and sticking to my schedule above his need for emotional intimacy, and it blew up in my face.  It is just hard for me to balance a desire to have structure/balance/a good routine with keeping an orderly home and being there for him.  That probably sounds awful, I get it.  I do want want to be a good wife and be there for my husband, I really do!  But it drives me nuts that there is no structure for keeping the house maintained, and being that I am married to a man who was not taught these things and had parents who did everything for him growing up.  It's just hard for me to let go of the control sometimes, and re-adjust my plans...


I'm looking to switch cell phone providers.  I have an iPhone 4 and am on the Verizon plan but my monthly bill is pricey and I'm looking to find something more affordable...any of you that have tips and/or cell phone provider suggestions, I'm all ears!!!



Being that I will be in Rio from July 19-30, I'm thinking of having a couple of gals write guest posts while I'm away.  If any of you are interested, feel free to send me a personal message!! :)
Would love to have ya!!


Saturday night we are doing a double date with Jim's sister and her boyfriend.  Looking forward to it especially since we don't know the bf that well and want to make an effort to get to know him better.  Sunday we maybe taking a day trip with my family to celebrate my sister's fiance birthday.  He never grew up with a birthday celebration and so my sister and parents want to do something extra special for him...plans are kinda up in there right now, so we'll see what is going on!





For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you guys had fun at Steubenville- my sisters and I are gearing up for the Mid America Conference in about 2 weeks!
    Mady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that the nun is pretending to strangle two of the teens; so great. Many prayers for you and your teens as you prepare for Rio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad your conference went so well!! I am so excited for you getting to go to Rio! That is going to be incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your trip to Rio! :)
    PS I nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog! http://tasteofaugust.blogspot.ca/2013/07/liebster-award-q.html

    ReplyDelete

09 10