Image HTML map generator

17 August 2020

Rituals to Help You Savor the Morning Hours - Even if You're Not a Morning Person

What I love most about the early morning hours are the stillness and possibility of a new day. The early morning hours are when I feel most at peace and rest in myself. This is when I pray, read, write in my journal, or just sit in the silence with my morning cup of coffee.


I know that's not how everyone feels, though. There are some people who are wired more as night owls and genuinely do their best work while burning the midnight oil. But there are distinct advantages to rising early: you have more time to soak in the sunshine (and all that vitamin D), for example. Rising early also creates a space before work begins, so that you don't feel like you're getting up for work; it's just one part of your day.

If that sounds appealing to you, here are some tricks and early morning hacks to help ease your body into that transition. Even if you currently cringe when your morning alarm goes off, it is possible for you to become a morning person - chirping birds not included!


Get natural light right away.

Create a ritual you look forward to.

Practice waking up the same time every day.

Do not check your phone or computer for 30 minutes after waking up.

Have a wind-down routine before going to bed at night.


Head over to Verily to read more about these ways to savor the early morning hours  . . .



post signature

7 comments:

  1. I love my quiet mornings before my family wakes up. In this quiet time, I will either go for a walk. head to the gym or do a supermarket shop (my local opens at 6am). I am a morning person too - at work I do my best thinking, planning and writing before lunch. Afternoons at work are reserved for meetings if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

09 10