Image HTML map generator

16 September 2020

4 Resources to Turn to After a Divorce

I try to allow this little space where I can openly share and be vulnerable about topics sometimes we do not talk about.

I share on here frequently about my experience of divorce as a young Catholic and dating.

Today I want to share a post with you on helpful resources if you or someone in your life is navigating the pain of a divorce.

If this applies to your life, I hope you are encouraged and feel less alone.
-----------------------

I was 30 years old when I went through my divorce.

I remember one particular Sunday when I was having a rough day. I felt overwhelmed by my feelings of sadness and fear how life would ever be beautiful again. I just wanted someone to see the pain in my eyes and reach out to me. I remember going to church - I just put my head on the pew in front of me and began to weep.

I wanted my Church to support me in what was the most painful experience of my life.


Honestly, there were times I felt forgotten and not cared for as a young Catholic going through a divorce.

Where would I find the resources to navigate this chapter in my life? Were there any support groups I could attend and find a community? What were the books to read that would both help me heal and take responsibility for my part in the marriage?

I am now four years past that chapter in my life and can offer some resources that I have found helpful in my own healing journey when I went through my divorce.

For me these things looked like finding a support group, reading the right books, going to counseling, and seeking to forgive my former husband.

You can read more about them over at Grotto Network . . .


You are not the only Catholic navigating this difficult path.

You are not alone and the Church is here to walk with and support you.



post signature

8 comments:

  1. Hi Patty,
    Thank you for creating this space and sharing the resources. My ex and I separated 12 months ago, and it took a long time for me to forgive him. When I did, it was liberating and I could move on without any malice towards him. I am now going through the financial separation; stronger and determined to build a new life for myself and my two daughters. There is no support group at my local parish or area. I am grateful my parish priest is in my support team. Lately, I have been thinking of setting a support group for women esp to navigate the separation and divorce journey. There is so much content online but I feel those going through this traumatic time need someone to walk with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charmaine! Wow so sorry am just seeing now. Thanks so much for the kind words. Praying for you own healing journey. I hope you are able to start a support group.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't stop thanking Lord Zakuza for helping me bring back my girlfriend that left me for another man at her workplace.. I was shocked when she broke up with me and I needed help but everything I did to recover her back did not work. If not for the intervention of Lord Zakuza who I met online, I wouldn't have gotten back my girlfriend because Lord Zakuza prepared a love spell that brought her back to me within 48 hours. I love my girlfriend and I'm happy getting her back again. Thank you Lord Zakuza and I promise to share my experience with you to everybody so that anyone that needs help in any way can also get help too for you are a good and wonderful man that God has sent to help those who need help.. Here's his contact information just in case you need any help from him. WhatsApp/call number +1 (740) 573-9483 or Email: Lordzakuza7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going through a divorce is extremely challenging. It may badly affect someone’s life. It can be so helpful talking with others who are in the same position as you and understand what you're feeling and going through. If you're struggling to heal after divorce, Online Divorce Support Groups will help you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another veritably helpful thing you can do when you are going through marriage separation is join a original support group.



    Divorce with children

    ReplyDelete

09 10