Image HTML map generator

05 October 2018

What I Wish I Had Done Before Getting Married (and Divorced)

I shared this past weekend on retreat that at thirty three years old, I have never felt more whole and free than any other time in my life.

I know it has a lot to do with the last five -six years of dating, marriage, divorce, and now being single again.

There are so many lessons I wish I knew before I had gotten married, so many questions I wish I was brave enough to ask. But sometimes you only what you know when you know it.

I didn't know certain things in my late twenties, but now I am much more self-aware.

Counseling is a great way of helping you dig deep and acknowledge the broken pieces inside your heart and soul.

As I navigate things like dating and sexuality (in healthy ways), it causes me to reflect on what I wished I had done the first time around.


Here is what I have learned from these chapters of my life:

I wish  . . .

  • Someone told me what healthy sexuality looks like in marriage, that is never about forcing or manipulation
  • I had wiser, older women I could talk about really personal things like sex with and ask questions
  • That I knew more about my own body as a woman 
  • I had asked direct questions on my partner's sexual history, addiction, and addictive behaviors
  • I knew its okay (even as a married woman) to use my voice to say "NO!" or "I am not comfortable with this..."
  • I worked through wounds and baggage from my childhood and family or origin
  • I learned about things like codependency or unhealthy relationship dynamics
  • That I knew I was enough just the way I was or that I don't need a man to make me feel "happy" or "fulfilled"
  • I was secure in my own body, soul, and spirit
  • I was at home in my body

There are probably a lot more things I could add. 

Life experience has an odd way of sometimes being one of the most powerful catalysts for growth and inner healing. I know I have learned that.

I celebrate and thank God for the journey (sometimes an intense one at that!) He has me on.

It has refined me into a stronger, wiser, more courageous woman.

Perfect? Gosh no!

But more healed, whole, and free to be me the way I am? Absolutely.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. I JUST WANT TO SHARE WITH YOU ALL HOW I GOT FREED FROM MY ENEMY WHO WANTED TO FRUSTRATE ME, MY LIFE WAS FULL OF CHALLENGES, BUSINESS RUINED MARRIAGE BROKEN AND I WAS HATED BY MANY FOR NO JUST REASON , I ALMOST COMMITTED SUICIDE BECAUSE I COULDN'T TAKE IT BUT I THANK god TODAY THAT I HAVE FIND A SOLUTION TO ALL MY PROBLEMS AND MY LIFE HAS BEEN RE-BRANDED BY DR NOBLE. FEW WEEKS AGO I CONTACTED DR NOBLE AND EXPLAIN MY SITUATION TO HIM AND HE TOLD ME I WAS UNDER ATTACK BY MY ELDER BROTHER WHO IS JEALOUS THAT I AM MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN HIM AND SO HE IS DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO DESTROY ME, DR NOBLE HELPED ME TO REMOVE ALL THE EVIL MY BROTHER CAST ON ME AND RETURNED THEM BACK TO HIM AND NOW THE CASE HAVE TURN AROUND. THANKS DR NOBLE FOR COMING TO MY RESCUE. CONTACT DR NOBLE TO HELP YOU FIX ANY CHALLENGES IN YOUR LIFE OR MARRIAGE via WHATSAPP +2349059610643 EMAIL NOBLESPELLHOME@ GMAIL. COM

    ReplyDelete

09 10