Image HTML map generator

18 January 2016

Hopes and Dreams for 2016

When my Dad is preaching in church (he is a deacon) he always weaves in interesting life stories or quotes from different people into his homilies. One of my favorites was when he quoted the Rolling Stones, "you can't always get what you want but if you try sometime you find you get what you need."

As I start 2016, I find myself mulling over those song lyrics. Life is turning in a different direction I never saw coming, but in spite it all there is much to be excited, hopeful, and grateful for in it all.



-I am really, really excited to do two more half marathons.

-I am excited (and nervous) to find my own apartment and make it into a home.

-I am writing an e-book right now on boundaries and looking forward to offering it to subscribers and readers of my blog.

-Connected to the above, I excited to connect more with other women online and nurture friendships through community and blogging. I want to make an effort to reach to readers of my blog and see what I can offer to them.

-While its in the early stages, I am looking forward to taking girl's trip to NYC with just my Mom and sister. Word on the street, Momsy is paying for flight and airfare ;)

-I am hopeful for continued healing and growth as I move through the divorce and annulment process

-I am excited to travel to Poland for World Youth Day this summer

-I am hopeful and plan to pay off $6,000 of school loans to help set me up better financially on my own.

-I am hopeful I can learn to feel confidant and comfortable while starting to do life on my own, that God+me is enough.always.


It's gonna be a different kind of year in a lot of ways, but if I choose to do so, I can still find grace in it all along the way.

When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow. (Shauna Niequist).

Photo Credit- Lara Casey 

Where are you dreaming big, beautiful things? What is filling your heart with hope and excitement? 

What are your hopes and dreams for 2016?


post signature

6 comments:

  1. I don't know if I missed a memo, but I had no idea about your divorce/annulment process; you're in my prayers, girlfriend! Btw, I haven't commented on this, but every time I have read your blog in recent months I have been so impressed - because I can see how much personal growth you (and therefore the blog) have been going through. Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I missed a memo, but I had no idea about your divorce/annulment process; you're in my prayers, girlfriend! Btw, I haven't commented on this, but every time I have read your blog in recent months I have been so impressed - because I can see how much personal growth you (and therefore the blog) have been going through. Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, Patty, for your divorce/annulment. Can't even imagine what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gonna kick this year's A$$ I can feel it (in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, God has thrown some crazy stuff your way!!! Patty, I will be praying for you as you tackle all of this, especially the divorce & annulment-I can't imagine the pain you must be going through right now. One of my relatives prayed every single day to St. Jude as the annulment process was happening, and I know that helped her a lot-hopefully you can find a good saintly intercessor to chat with (if you haven't already)! I'm also pretty excited for your e-book, and I'm really happy that you get to go on a NYC girls trip-I'm sure that will be such a fun time for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

09 10