Image HTML map generator

07 August 2020

How to Kindly Turn Someone Down

(Today I am sharing a post I had published in the Fall. It is one of the best lessons I have learned when it comes to healthy dating and felt too good to not share with you.

I hope it encourages you if you're navigating online dating as a Catholic right now).


Newsflash.


No one likes feeling rejected. Being turned down for a date is not fun at all. It if often uncomfortable and messy for both men and women.

I have had a string of lots of first dates lately where I did not feel comfortable being open to second date (for a variety of reasons). Something that was in common with all those dates was how I kindly yet honestly let them know I was not interested in a future date.

May I be honest for a second?

I know none of us like doing this, but we have to be able to say "no thank you" with honesty and authenticity. Playing games, ghosting, being manipulative, or just avoiding doing the uncomfortable thing is not kind and to be frank, is just plain mean.

Regardless if you are not interested in getting to know someone further, there is a kind way to turn someone down for a date. What I am going to share with you is something I have started doing, and I find it to be helpful.

One of my close girlfriends is also in the same stage of life as myself, and together, we are navigating the waters of online dating as Catholics. She has done a lot of growth work with online dating coaches. In addition to what she is learning, she shares it with me. As I apply it to my dating journey, I find myself trusting myself more, noticing red flags quicker, and really learning how just being my authentic self will attract a good man into my life.

One of the best things I have learned from my friend is how to kindly turn down a man for a future date.

The secret formula?

Two compliments wrapped around a similar-type statement, "My intuition is telling me we are not the right romantic fit."



Read more about this handy sound bite over at Catholic Match  . . .



post signature

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are giving the best service for dating application

    Dating Application

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

09 10