Image HTML map generator

19 July 2019

Sometimes the Bravest Thing is Something You Don't Expect

Sometimes the most fun adventures in life are when you are open and just show up to live life.

It may sound silly, but I love to celebrate the little victories in my own journey of self-awareness and growth.

The last Saturday of June was an opportunity where I was brave and showed up. 




















My dear friend Sarah was getting married in Cleveland. I went to the wedding without a date/significant other and literally only knew the bride. Even as a loud-mouthed extrovert, I felt a little nervous.

The wedding was beautiful in charming old church and Sarah was stunning.

After the Mass, I made my way to reception venue over looking the water in downtown Cleveland. During the cocktail hour, I confidently walked around and eventually started chatting with a group friends who used to be roommates with the bride. 

We laughed and made small talk over tasty drinks and appetizers.
Our mutual friend, the bride, made her way over to chat and we snapped some pictures.

Eventually it came time to take our seats for dinner. I sat with the most fun group of married couples and singles who knew the bride from college days at John Carroll University.

It was fabulous! We laughed and talked about all the topics you are not supposed to talk about at weddings or family parties, religion and politics. I laughed so hard and met some wonderful people. 

After the official wedding dances, it came time to the DJ to turn down the lights and pump up the music. I was ready to get my dance on.

Now I love to dance, but I have never had so MUCH fun dancing at wedding. I tore up the floor the whole night and only walked off to use the bathroom once or get hydrated with some water. 
I danced my first polka and a few guys asked me to dance on several occasions.

I felt happy, excited, confident, and comfortable just being me...even if I did not have a date.

I cannot remember a time as an adult I had such a wonderful time at a wedding reception.

As I drove home the next morning, I spent some time reflecting and praying in the car.
I felt brave by just showing up and being open to the experience. That openness led to a wonderful, fun evening.

Sometimes we have to celebrate and own the little wins of our daily lives.
Maybe for you it looks different than going to a wedding not knowing a soul or without a date.


It may sound silly to you, but this felt like one of the bravest, most bad ass things a single woman could do.

I am proud of myself. I left thinking and reminding myself I can do scary things in life.

Show up to live your life.
Be open.

You might surprise yourself and learn that sometimes the bravest thing to do is something you were not expecting.



post signature

12 comments:

  1. Patty, you go girl!!! I love meeting new people, but I would be totally terrified to go completely solo to a wedding where I only knew the bride. I think it is so awesome that you showed up and were present to others, and I am so glad that you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annemarie! I was on cloud nine the whole weekend :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. LOVE this! When I have had moments like this, I have felt myself loving where I am in life, even if it's far from where I want to be. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise! We have to celebrate the little victories, right? :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to use this opportunity to share the good works of Dr. Odunga who brought my husband back to me from another woman in 2 days. His email is odungaspelltemple@gmail.com and his WhatsApp contact is +2348167159012.

    The day my husband left me, things appeared bleak, and the atmosphere was heavy with uncertainties. Everything seemed pale and so I decided to look for help in spell casters who have the capability to bring my ex husband back to me. As envisaged, I went on the internet and as you too have seen in your search for a reliable spell caster, I saw a lot of testimonies of spell casters in the recovery of ex husbands and loved ones. Driven by belief in Doctor Odunga, I contacted him and after explaining things to him, he accepted to face the challenges on ground. He did brilliantly well. My ex husband came back to me within 2 days of contact with more care and affection and promised never to leave me. I will therefore like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to him and share this testimony to enable others in need to contact him for his selfless service to situations and problems. Commendable, he shows great courage at taking on the daunting task of finding solutions to practically any given problem. Contact him at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com and I believe he will help you as he did to me. Visit website at
    http://spelltempleofsolution.blogspot.com/2020/04/love-spells-guaranteed-100-trusted.html

    ReplyDelete

09 10