Image HTML map generator

31 October 2017

The Reformation 500 Years Later & Why We Should Care

Today is the 500th anniversary of the Reformation.

And that is a big deal to Christians everywhere. 

Leading up to this day, its significance has been on my mind and heart a lot.

You may be wondering, "Okay but what is the big deal? Why should millennials today care about Martin Luther and the Reformation?" 

Because it is part of our story as Christian disciples.

It is part of our history.

And when we better understand our history, we can move forward into the future with more empathy and understanding. 



HEAD OVER HERE FOR THE REST ...




post signature

2 comments:

  1. That's a great post, Patty! Thanks for the book recommendation. I thought it was neat today, on the 500 year anniversary, the toddler and I wound up joining some of our neighbors for coffee and food for a chunk of the afternoon. As I drank my coffee and looked around the table at a member of the Salvation Army, a couple of non-denominational Christians, and another non-Catholic whose affiliation I'm unsure of, I realized that we need more of this kind of fellowship. Even if doctrine isn't discussed (though that is an important part), building the bridges of friendship, love, and mutual respect will go a long way, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

09 10