So here's a quick recap at what I have learned this year...
1. I really should have started being financially responsible a whole heck of a lot sooner. Enter in our new friend, Mr. Dave Ramsey.
2. SERENITY: Something I often suck at, but desire to grow in. I have learned a lot about serenity this year...this prayer has challenged.stretched.and made me more uncomfortable than any other prayer I have ever prayed. It speaks to me so deeply that I set alarms several times a day to stop and really pray these words from the heart.
I dare you to do it! You'll be blown away at what will happen.
3. Connected to serenity is learning to surrender to the will of God. If the Serenity prayer is my mantra, then this prayer comes close behind in second place.I have learned much and wrestled often with the reality of these words in my own life.
4. No Bible, no breakfast. No Bible, no lunch. Making excuses for not praying daily is not helping me become a saint.
5. You waste way too much time in life worrying about what others think about you. At the end of the day, it really only matter what God thinks.
6. BOUNDARIES. Before this past year, I had no freaking idea what boundaries were. Through a lot of situations in the past year, I have learned so much about myself and how to better deal with people. I need boundaries for myself and with all the other people in my life. Boundaries are not selfish or mean, but meant to keep you safe and about staying in your own yard. Oh boundaries how you have helped me become a stronger and healthier person...
7. Choosing one little word for the year really helped me grow in ways I didn't even think imaginable.
8. After many years of being the girl who didn't exercise because I "didn't like to sweat" I took up running this year. like a lot. I put off getting fit and taking care of my body for a long time. I am getting stronger, setting goals, and feeling great doing it...well most days ;)
|My safe people. My cheerleaders.|
10. Suffering is a bi!$#. Sorry madre for the language. This year I have watched some of the people I love most suffer. Truth be told, I personally have been through what feels like the ringer at times this year. God has and is continuing to teach me.so.much. in this department.
11. Read books more often than you watch T.V. Reading is my drug of choice.
12. Choose how to respond, don't just be reactionary.
13. Dating shouldn't end when you get married, it should flow into married life. Every other week dates are a nice thing. Consider it.
14. My life, marriage, and home do not have to be perfect to be beautiful.
What have you learned this past year? How has 2014 challenged and stretched you?