Image HTML map generator

23 November 2020

A Letter to Catholic Singles During the Holidays


Hi there, friend.

I wish I knew your first name so that I could ask you how you are genuinely doing. I wish we were having an in-person conversation together, sharing our hearts over some good food or drinks, perhaps tucked away in a cozy corner of a restaurant.

I do not know why you find yourself single right now. Maybe you are slowly dipping your toes in the online dating world after losing your spouse or having your previous marriage declared null and void. Maybe you are trying CatholicMatch because all the blind dates seem to go nowhere or a friend suggested you give it a try. Maybe you know you are called to marriage but are frustrated that you are not finding the right person to share your life with.

Regardless of why life finds you single right now, it is not an easy time to be single around the holidays.

I know being single around this time of year can be most difficult and lonely from time to time. A time filled with such joy and celebration can feel lackluster when you do not have someone to share those moments with. I know I have felt that way since my own divorce, navigating dating again, being in serious relationships, and being single again.

Perhaps like me you desire to be married or know your vocation is marriage. Yet for whatever reason the circumstances of life have not led you to find that man or woman with whom you want to spend your life. That can feel equal parts frustrating, lonely, or confusing.


As we approach another holiday season, I want to leave you with some encouragement and hope. I want to speak truth into your heart and mind, even thought your feelings may feel a little bit all over the place.

Here is what I know is true about our God. The desire to share your life with someone is a good thing; both on an individual and collective level. God is present in our desires and He will move and act on them for our benefit. It may not be on our timeframe or even the way we want, but the desires of your heart matter to God. He sees them. He understands them.

I do not know why life finds you navigating another holiday season alone.

I do not know why my life has gone so differently than I imagined or why at 35 I have not yet found someone to share my life with. Even when it is hard, lonely or scary, I am choosing to cling to a promise that deep down in my soul I know is true.

Jesus is faithful. Jesus is kind. I am not forgotten by my God. My desires and hope matter to Him. I can trust in the slow work of God.


Read the rest over at the CatholicMatch Institute . . . 



post signature

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

09 10