Image HTML map generator

06 June 2019

There is No "Right" Way to Become a Saint

The Internet can be a confusing, harsh, even judgmental place sometimes.

I am sure you know what I am talking about.

More times than I care to admit, I see fights and mud slinging about the "right" way to be a Catholic woman - like it's all or nothing, a competition to win - homeschooling vs. conventional, working vs. stay at home, married vs single, organic vs. non-organic food. The list goes on and on.

It is sad to me more than anything. I get that we all have different thoughts and opinions on what works best for your own life and family. But when we become harsh, unloving, and judgy towards what works for other people it is neither kind or how Jesus calls us to treat each other.

What can get lost in the process, is the beautiful fact that holiness is not a one-size-fits-all approach. It looks different for every woman and that is a-okay. 

The point is that we are called to be holy, to be like Jesus right where God has placed us. No striving or comparison needed.


For all the above reasons, I am most excited about the newest Blessed Conversations study, Misericordia.  It is based on the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy and the study follows the examples of 12 different Catholic saints (11 lay and 1religious). 

Each of these holy women had different careers, vocations, backgrounds, talents and passions, and countries of origins. To me it is a sweet reminder that the universal call to holiness will play differently in each of our lives.
I am particularly looking forward to learning about a handful of female saints and blesseds that I have never heard of before!



Four women in different walks of life on the Blessed is She team beautifully make these holy women come alive by reflecting on the works of mercy. They all bring a unique perspective bringing to life the lives these saints.


The study is broken down into 12 sessions (one for each woman) and is bound, which is a different style from our previous studies. 

My copy arrives tonight and I cannot wait to open it up after work!

And for the love, can we as sisters in Christ just stop fighting amongst each other on how to best be Catholic?



I am looking forward to diving into the Works of Mercy more, and hope you will also join us!




post signature

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to use this opportunity to share the good works of Dr. Odunga who brought my husband back to me from another woman in 2 days. His email is odungaspelltemple@gmail.com and his WhatsApp contact is +2348167159012.

    The day my husband left me, things appeared bleak, and the atmosphere was heavy with uncertainties. Everything seemed pale and so I decided to look for help in spell casters who have the capability to bring my ex husband back to me. As envisaged, I went on the internet and as you too have seen in your search for a reliable spell caster, I saw a lot of testimonies of spell casters in the recovery of ex husbands and loved ones. Driven by belief in Doctor Odunga, I contacted him and after explaining things to him, he accepted to face the challenges on ground. He did brilliantly well. My ex husband came back to me within 2 days of contact with more care and affection and promised never to leave me. I will therefore like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to him and share this testimony to enable others in need to contact him for his selfless service to situations and problems. Commendable, he shows great courage at taking on the daunting task of finding solutions to practically any given problem. Contact him at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com and I believe he will help you as he did to me. Visit website at
    http://spelltempleofsolution.blogspot.com/2020/04/love-spells-guaranteed-100-trusted.html

    ReplyDelete

09 10