Image HTML map generator

03 April 2018

Writing, Ministry, Love, and Other Updates

Dust off the blog. 

Tap tap tap, is this thing even on?

I have been driving the struggle bus for awhile working to get back to regular writing around these parts. No real reason other than poor planning, occasional laziness, and some new good things implied in the title.

Bit by bit, I have been dipping my toes into the world of freelance writing. The more I get the opportunity to write, the more I find that I love it.

I was recently asked to write two times a month for Catholic Match Institute, specifically on topics related to divorce and annulment. I have also been approached to be a part of some creative projects by several different Catholic female entrepreneurs.
I am loving new opportunities to write in a more professional setting, but it reminds me I still like having this little space here.



One of the reasons I have not been writing much here is on January 8th I started a new job as a Pastoral Associate in a new parish. I am growing to like it more and more, and really enjoy the staff at the church and school. People tell me they love my weekly bulletin articles and like my approach to life and ministry. 

There is a lot I am still learning and it is a process learning how to read a new pastor, but I feel happy and challenged in new ways. While I miss those teens in youth ministry, I can definitely see I was starting to burn out. This new change is good for me in a lot of ways.

One the things I am most excited about in this new position is I am getting trained in our diocese as a lay person to help men and women with their annulments. Having gone through the process myself, it it has become a personal passion of mine. I look forward to helping other folks who were in a similar situation to myself. 

So yeah, love.

I have met a wonderful man and we have started dating. 

We met through a mutual friend (who actually sent us both a Facebook message about each other last January, but neither of us were ready to date). We both have a lot of mutual connections/interests, and my name kept coming up to said gentleman over this last year. 

When he saw me as a match on Catholic Match, he sent me a message two days after Christmas. 
We went on our first date the same week I started my new job. #hello2018

We are taking things slow, but this truly feels like a healthy, safe relationship with no blaring red flags. 

It all still kind of blows my mind, but I feel very peaceful about where we are and trusting myself that this is something good. 

Kevin has already met with my Dad (also a Kevin) for dinner to get to know each other and ask my Dad if he is comfortable with us dating. Kevin (not my Dad, the one I like) is going out with my Mom and Dad next, and then taking out my siblings.

I have known when I seriously started dating someone, my family would be very protective of me and I love it matters to Kevin we do this the right way with them feeling comfortable with him.

So if you wouldn't mind praying for Kevin and I, we would both appreciate it very much. :)


Some other exciting things are also in the works ...

My sweet friend and fellow Blessed Is She team member Christy has asked me to be on her podcast in the near future to talk about the experience of divorce and annulment as a Catholic woman. I am so excited and we are looking at dates to record the episode soon.

I am also super thrilled to be giving a talk at the Blessed is She Midwest retreat in St. Paul Minnesota on the weekend of August 10-11. 
I was dancing around my office when Beth Davis asked me.

If you are a Midwest girl, and are in need of some retreat time this summer, I would love to see you there!!



What is new and exciting in your lives?!


Happy Easter, friends. :)





post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oooh!!!! So much exciting stuff is happening with you! This is so great to hear. I will pray for you and Kevin and your families. That's awesome that it feels like a truly healthy relationship. What a gift! I'm really glad that you're enjoying your job, as well. And that you'll be on the FoC podcast! That is so extremely epic!
    Life over here is pretty good; I just had my first-ever counseling appointment yesterday and it was awesome and refreshing and I'm so grateful I finally went :) Thanks for all the times when you've talked about counseling/therapy and boundaries on here, because that all was instrumental in me finally getting myself some help! I've been struggling to write regularly too; I have ideas for stuff and I want to write, but pretty much my best time to write is in the very early morning and I've just gotten lazy when it comes to getting out of bed and I'm enjoying my sleep a little too much (I guess I'm trying to take advantage of all the nights I have left before I have a newborn to care for). I also just haven't been online as much in general, because we've been putting more time and energy into diving into our local community-meeting with neighbors, going plogging (jogging + picking up trash) and connecting more with the Catholic community through a lay movement we just joined called Domestic Church. It's a full life, and there have been lots of great blessings lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's excellent stuff! I really happy to read your ministry love information. I appreciate your work and you can read more for useful task.

    ReplyDelete

09 10