Image HTML map generator

22 July 2016

Do You Believe in Miracles?







Hi friends! While Patty is away in Poland, she's lending me her online space to share with you a post you'll hopefully helpful to read. If you like it, wander over to my blog: Utile Dulci. Thanks for reading and keep Patty in your prayers while she is on her pilgrimage! Love, Pomeline






I call myself Catholic, and yet it's astounding how little I ask of God sometimes. A perfectionist and control addict, it takes a lot  for me to humbly approach the Father and ask of Him what I need. It requires my admitting that I am not self-sufficient. How often do I hear, Sunday after Sunday, the readings proclaim the miracles of Christ? Yet, I doubt.


When was the last time you asked something of Christ, believed Jesus would care for your needs, and left it at that? The man believed [...] and went his way. My petitions often are full of conditions. I list off my worries, but it is so often merely an intellectual exercise, where I don't actually invite God's grace into the mess of my life.

When was the last time you asked Christ to work a miracle in your life, and believed He would care for you? God has not given us a Spirit of cowardice, of selfishness, but rather a Spirit of boldness. Go before the Father, and leave your great expectations at His feet. Trust in His perfect plan and wisdom. 

Our petitions are not always answered if they do not bring forth what is for our good, but we must practice our faith by asking God to provide for us, and surrendering our will to His.


47
When he heard that Jesus had come from Judea to Galilee, he went and begged him to come down and heal his son, for he was at the point of death.
48
Jesus therefore said to him, "Unless you see signs and wonders you will not believe."
49
The official said to him, "Sir, come down before my child dies."
50
Jesus said to him, "Go; your son will live." The man believed the word that Jesus spoke to him and went his way.
51
As he was going down, his servants met him and told him that his son was living.
52
So he asked them the hour when he began to mend, and they said to him, "Yesterday at the seventh hour the fever left him."
53
The father knew that was the hour when Jesus had said to him, "Your son will live"; and he himself believed, and all his household.

John 4:47-53


----------
Thanks again Pomeline for taking time to write here while I am gone. I can really relate to what you said about remembering to invite God's grace into the mess of life. A good reminder we all need sometimes





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10