Image HTML map generator

28 December 2015

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Pie Bars

Have you ever read the book "The Five Love Languages" by Dr. Gary Chapman?
While my love languages are words of affirmation and quality time, an honorary one for me would be  chocolate. Ahh yes chocolate as a secondary love language.
Credit to this recipe post goes to Deliciously Sprinkled
I have had this recipe on my mind for awhile in wanting to try it, so when I was drafted to make a dessert for Christmas dinner I decided to spice it up and try something new.
And by the compliments this little tasty earned, I am thinking this may be a new holiday favorite!

Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
2 cups flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup fresh raspberries


Directions
1// Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.

2// Using a hand mixer, blend butter until creamy.

3// Mix in brown sugar, flour, and salt until crumbly.

4// Press 1 3/4 cups of crumb mixture into being pan.
(Make sure to save some of the crumb mixture to sprinkle on top of raspberries and chocolate chips)

5// Bake crust for 10 to 12 minutes.

6// While crust is baking, our condensed milk and add dark chocolate chips. Stir over low heat until mixture is smooth and chocolate fully melted.

7// Remove crust from oven and pour chocolate mixture over warm crust.

8// Sprinkle remaining over chocolate mixture. Spoon raspberries over mixture and top with mini chocolate chips

9// Bake for 20-30 minutes. Let bars cool before cutting and eating commence.



Not to difficult right? It is funny to me because I do not like dark chocolate by itself, but pair it with something like brie cheese or fresh fruit and I am there. And yes, these are as tasty as they look ;)

Are you a fan of dark chocolate? What are your favorite pairings to go with chocolate?




post signature

2 comments:

  1. These look SO good, Patty! And I agree about the whole chocolate love language thing. Maybe the writers understood that it umbrellas all the others ;P
    Peace, Sarah
    simplysarahs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shoot, these look so dangerous and amazing!!!!!!! I just may have to make these soon :) I love fruit, and I love (really, really love) dark chocolate! The darker the better, in my opinion :) Most of the time, I don't even pair anything with the chocolate, I just eat it straight up, maybe with a small glass of milk. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

09 10