Image HTML map generator

23 September 2015

BBQ Chicken Chili

Fall is hands down my most favorite season. Warm scarves. Leaves crunching under my boots. And the food. Fall food is a special, unique category all unto itself. And homemade chili is one of those tasty fall meals...especially if you have some venison. Nothing like a hunk of deer meat in your chili ;-) #daughterofahunter

Last week I was looking for a new chili recipe to kick off fall with. Knowing Jim's deep love for all things BBQ, I knew I couldn't pass this one up from Skinnytatse.



The recipe calls for cooking over the stove top, but I was itching to use the crock pot. Still tasty...added cayenne pepper for an extra kick too

Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup of onion diced 
2 garlic cloves minced
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
12 oz. boneless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups canned cannellini beans
1 1/2 cups canned kidney beans
3 cups low sodium chicken stock
1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
1 container of Stubb's original BBQ sauce
cheddar cheese and chopped cilantro for topping

1// Pour olive oil in bottom of crock pot

2// Add all ingredients minus cheddar cheese and cilantro

3// Cook on High for 6-7 hours

4// Ladle chili into bowls and top with cheddar cheese and cilantro.


Needless to say it's pretty tasty ;)




Any new recipes you're trying out this Fall? What is your favorite fall food or recipe to make at home?
Happy eating, friends!



post signature

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, this looks tasty! I love BBQ chicken, and this looks like a really cool way to consume it! I'll have to give this a whirl sometime in the next couple months. During falltime, I love making (and eating!) soups and stews: broccoli soup, potato soup, tomato soup with grilled cheese (classic!), chili, chicken stew (possibly with dumplings). I also love acorn squash; putting it in pasta or baking it in sugar & butter are both ways I love to consume it! I'm also a big fan of corn bread, but haven't made it in years for some weird reason, so I just bought myself a huge bag of cornmeal to get baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soup weather! I'm so excited - soup is one of my all-time favorite foods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need fall weather before I can do fall food!

    ReplyDelete

09 10