Image HTML map generator

24 September 2013

Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff



One of the things my Mom made a lot when my siblings and I were growing up were casserole and stroganoff type dishes, probably because they were so easy with three little kids running around!

I've spent some time looking on Pinterest for ways to make some of my favorite childhood dishes but also making them a little healthier too.
With Fall officially here and also being a really busy time at work, I wanted to try a couple recipes that were pretty easy to make for a nice dinner during the work week, and when I came across this light version of chicken stroganoff, I knew it sounded like something I would want to take a crack at.



Ingredients
1.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can of 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
1 packet of onion soup mix
16 oz. container of fat-free sour cream


Instructions

1// Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker

2// Combine the rest of the ingredients in bowl and mix up

3// Cover the chicken with the mixture

4// Cook on low for 7 hours

 5// Spoon up the deliciousness with noodles (I used a whole wheat pasta)

6// Add a dolup of sour cream for garnish and let the chow down begin!


Happy eating!! :)

5 comments:

  1. Stroganoffs are so good!!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I think I'm going to make that for dinner tonight, because I have everything for it...except the onion soup mix but I can just substitute sauteed onions and random spices for that, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

09 10